- Blubaugh, C.K., I.V. Widick, and I. Kaplan. 2017. Does fear beget fear? Risk-mediated habitat selection triggers predator avoidance behavior at lower trophic levels. Oecologia. (In press)
- Blubaugh, C.K., J.R. Hagler, S.A. Machtley, and I. Kaplan. 2016. Cover crops promote aggregation of omnivorous predators and facilitate weed biological control. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment. 231: 264-270.
- Blubaugh, C.K. and I. Kaplan. 2016. Invertebrate Seed Predators Reduce Weed Emergence Following Seed Rain. Weed Science. 64:80-86.
- Blubaugh, C.K. and I. Kaplan. 2015. Mechanical weed management tactics compromise activity of weed seed predators across developmental stages. Biological Control. 81:76-82.
- Blubaugh, C.K., V.A. Caceres, I. Kaplan, J. Larson, C.S. Sadof and D.S. Richmond. 2011. Ground beetle (Coleoptera: Carabidae) phenology, diversity, and response to weed cover in a turfgrass ecosystem. Environmental Entomology. 40:1093-1101.
- Krey, K.L., C.K. Blubaugh, E.G Chapman, C.M. Lynch, G.B. Snyder, A.S. Jensen, J.D. Harwood, and W.E. Snyder. Could generalist predators defuse spider mite outbreaks?
In final stages of preparation: (manuscripts available on request)
- Blubaugh, C.K. and I. Kaplan. Undercover predators: A review and meta-analysis of structural refuge impacts on invertebrate and vertebrate weed seed predation.
- Blubaugh, C.K., J.S. Asplund, S.D. Eigenbrode, CR Phillips, J.P. Reganold, and W.E. Snyder. Dual guild-herbivory mediates predator-prey interactions.
- Blubaugh, C.K. 2017. Biodiversity and Natural Pest Suppression in the Pacific Northwest. Tilth Producers Quarterly.
- Blubaugh, C.K. 2014. Putting the weed seed predators to the test. International Organization for Biological Control Nearctic Regional Section Newsletter. 36:1-3.
- Blubaugh, C.K. 2012. Research update: Cover crops and weed seed predation services. Purdue Vegetable Crops Hotline. 561:3-4.
- Blubaugh, C.K. 2012. Meet the (beneficial) beetles: Harpalus pennsylvanicus, weed seed predator. Purdue Vegetable Crops Hotline. 559:2.